CAREERS AT ELEVATE PSYCHIATRY
PSYCHIATRIC NURSE PRACTITIONER / PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT
Elevate Psychiatry is looking for talented, enthusiastic Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistants to join our team! We are a busy private practice based in downtown Brickell Miami offering affordable, quality psychiatric care to adolescents and adults. Ideal candidates must be licensed and board-certified in psychiatry, be able to work independently, and be willing to be part of a dynamic "start-up" company. We are looking for providers who are professional, friendly, and think outside the box.
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant will be responsible for a caseload of patients acting as the primary provider and will develop individualized treatment plans based on evaluation and diagnosis. He or she will work with Elevate supportive staff to ensure that patients are seen for follow-ups and receive continuous care. The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant will see patients at our Brickell office.
Elevate Psychiatry was started with the vision of creating a fresh psychiatric practice that values the patient experience and puts patients needs first. We provide upscale amenities, and a modern, relaxed environment to ensure our patients receive the highest level of client care.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS:
FULL-TIME - M-F Weekdays (40 hours) - $100,000-$120,000 salary
PART-TIME - M-F Evenings 4pm-8pm or Saturdays 9am-3pm - $50-$60 per hour
- Reports to Elevate Team leaders to establish standard protocols and procedures for delivery of care.
- Provide comprehensive psychiatric assessment for new patients to identify psychiatric diagnosis and/or symptoms.
- Document patients' medical and psychological histories, physical assessment results, diagnoses, treatment plans, prescriptions into Practice Fusion EHR.
- Use Google Calendar, Gmail, Grasshopper, and other communication software to coordinate appointments and scheduling.
- Communicate effectively with the team in person and electronically as appropriate.
- Self-manage time and be able to pace sessions to ensure all patients are seen in a timely manner.
- Educate patients on how to identify adverse side effects of new medications.
- Provide referrals to medical and mental health professionals (e.g. therapists in the community if needed).
- Provide medication management including prescription refills. The provide will use e-prescribing when appropriate and will fax/phone scripts if needed. Schedule II medications must be hand written.
- Write prescriptions for psychotropic medications as allowed by state regulations and collaborative practice agreements.
- Provide training to other team members on topics including medications and drug interactions.
- Refer crisis patients to emergency care. Be able to sign Baker Acts if deemed appropriate for high-acuity patients.
- Provide routine and regular feedback to the team to help continuously improve patient care and services.
- Provide crisis intervention and address all emergency situations as appropriate.
- Assist in building evacuation during fire drills and building emergencies.
- Maintain CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Arrive to work on-time with polished and professional attire.
- Maintain up to date, accurate, complete, and timely patient chart documentation.
- Attend staff meetings, case conferences, group supervision, and trainings as needed.
- Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant and must be board-certified in Psychiatry.
- Hold active Florida ARNP/PA License.
- Hold active DEA license.
- Hold personal liability insurance minimum $1,000,000/3,000,000.
- Master's Degree or higher required.
- 0-1+ years experience. New grads welcome to apply.
- Private practice experience is a plus+.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred, not mandatory.
SEND YOUR CV/RESUME AND A COVER LETTER TO: firstname.lastname@example.org